Aug 23, 2026

July...Lately

 Lately...I love July! I'm loving all the decor everywhere for the 250th!


Lately...we had a World Cup watch party with our friends and cousins. So fun! This was Claire's first outing out post surgery and her face hurt so badly from smiling so big that she ripped a stitch and a scab fell out. We didn't last too long, but it was so fun to hang out! I was trying to take a picture of the kids behind me but caught this sight of myself. Oh boy, I am exhausted. I can't sleep knowing Sophie is away. I haven't slept a wink since we got home!



Lately...T has been working on drawing dragons. Pretty cool!

Lately...T's favorite way to work out is swimming laps!

Lately...Duke loves Claire's recovery plan. He likes to hang with her in the hammock. 

Lately...we had the loveliest quiet 4th of July weekend together. We kicked the long weekend off with a lovely little hike. I unfortunately had another asthma moment that was uncomfortable. But it was so beautiful and so lovely to be out of the house exploring. 


We had lunch at Joe Mamma's, nothing great, but we just had to for the name! 
Afterwards, we made a pitstop at the church to run through our patriotic songs for church. There was no one to play the organ, so I played and taught Claire how to conduct so she could sub for me. She's a natural!
With all the fires we have super strict fire bans. Absolutely NO fireworks allowed this year. So we were shocked coming out of the movies to see a display going on! We drove along side it until it was over. So fun!

Sophie had to wait until her homework was complete but then she raced down to St. George to join her roommates. They had a blast exploring St. George, eating out and partying at the lake and jumping off the roof!








On the morning of the 4th, we had our annual ward family picnic at the park. Claire drove home! We watched the World Cup and worked on my awesome puzzle. I think we had naps too! Then we had a little BBQ, roasted marshmallows over the stove (since no fires) and watched Saving Private Ryan together. Logan wanted an educational movie this year. It was hard to watch but left us all extra extra grateful for our freedoms and blessings. 




In the morning, Claire did a fantastic job conducting. We also got to have an extra sacrament to hear Jensen speak for his farewell. God Speed Elder! Then we had friends over for dinner. Great weekend!
Taylor won't let anyone sit in Sophie's spot. Still struggling over here!


Lately...T is back into Pokemon (again). We've been hunting around card shops for treasures. 

Lately...T, C and I had a fun summer date. We went out to breakfast at our downtown cafe and went to shop for books and had a reading party. Perfect day! 


While we were out, Logan was on his own extreme adventure bouldering and climbing his latest 14er! They hiked Long's Peak. It is 14,259 ft. This was the hardest one yet, by far. Way to go!









Lately...back to school haircuts!
We used Chat to help T come up with his back to school haircut. So cool!

Logan sent me this picture from the back of Sunday School. Apparently our whole row was wearing blue and white stripes. It was the Argentina World Cup Game and we all showed up to church in blue! Even Sophie was wearing blue while she spoke in Sacrament in Provo!


Lately...Logan had to go out of town for trial, but someone how we got T all ready to go to go to Young Men's Camp. He had a great time making and strengthening friendships in his deacon's quorum and ward. 


Lately...Sophie and her roommates are having a blast. They went to another silent disco!
Ice blocking with roommates and Maison...who came down and totally surprised her!
Blind Hockey date and another picnic date in the canyon set up with Lucy!
Creamery and midnight Odyssey date with Lucky and Jonas!

Midday lunch date with Titan, Amanda and Kaleb!
Sophie and Lucy also found the women's gym on campus and Soph is so relieved to get to workout. She has been CRUSHED not being able to run. Something is going on with her knee and if she over uses it more than walking (no stairs, no hiking, so running, no sports) she can't even hobble to class. So having some weights to lift is a huge stress relief. 

Sophie is missed terribly. I found Claire wearing one of Sophie's outfits that she left behind. 

Lately...I caught these cute brothers having a nap together while watching the World Cup. 

Lately...T is still killing it swimming laps every evening. He's also a year into his treat fast. It's pretty impressive! He's grown about 3 inches too!

Lately...my puzzle buddy sat by me while I finally finished my greatest puzzle accomplishment to date. This puzzle kicked my butt. It was so hard because it was huge and I never once peeked at the box for help! I was so proud. Logan was out of town in trial so we couldn't bug him, but we face-timed Sophie and she whitenessed my placing of the final piece. I felt so proud! Haha!


Lately...I picked up Logan straight from the airport and we went straight on a date to dinner and a movie. He brought me gorgeous truffles to eat while we watched the Odyssey. It was so good, really intense but so good!
We also got an extra date in that week trying a new Mexican Restaurant with friends. YUM!

Lately...we were talking with friends lamenting that kids in the stake do not know each other at school. So we decided to start hosting some middle school hangouts so kids could get to know each other before school started. I'm so proud of Taylor. He jumped right in and was a great unifier and got tons of kids to come out. We had 3 hangouts and they were awesome. I'm so proud of these kids and excited for them to be great leaders this year. 



Lately...we all met up to take our kids to see the new live action Moana. 

Then we finished out July in Alaska! 









No comments: